Winter Summer
Piste map
Book
Brand logo

About Kungsberget

The first lift up the mountain was built in 1954, but enthusiasts must have skied down Kungsberget long before that. Kungsberget was co-owned for a long time by the municipalities of Gävle and Sandviken and then completely owned by the municipality of Sandviken. In 2004, the Branäs Group acquired the facility. The Branäs Group also includes the facilities Branäs Fritidscenter, Vallåsen ski resort, Vallåsen Bike Park and Ulricehamn Ski Center.

 

Join us on a journey through time, about our history and true skiing joy, told by Gun Larsson, now Lyrberg - daughter of Johan Larsson who in the 30s was involved in building Kungsberget and whose heritage we manage today.

 

Cold facts about Kungsberget

  • Open December 4 - April 18
  • 24 slopes and 14 lifts
  • Up to 1,700 meters long runs
  • 2,400 beds ski-in / ski-out
  • Two parks and Big Jump, Big Air Bag Landing, Beginner Park
  • Children's area
  • Nintendo Land
  • Ski school for all ages
  • Evening skiing until 21.00 on Thursdays
  • Fall height of 200 meters